Services

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Livin' La Vida Local

Just another day, trying to figure out what we will eat with what I have on my counter. I froze up the rest of the green beans, so they are in what I will call 'access purgatory'. Available, but I am trying to save for that desperate moment. Why use them when I have so much other great stuff on the counter, literaly dying to be used?

Breakfast menu:
My farm eggs fried up in the center of a locally baked (at LeBlancs, pardon, locally baked is as good as I have gotten so far) french loaf. Butter was Walmart. I am working through that stash and have local Smith Creamery in waiting.

Lunch:
Definitely left over yellow tomato/green onion tops salad and probably thawed cream of pot/spin/green bean soup.

Dinner:
Some sort of sofrito based (using farm grown tomatoes/pepers) sauce and left over 'rooster' from the soup stock. We will eat them with left over store bought corn tortillas (how can I get local tortillas?)

Preservation in progress:
Spicy green beans-2 qrts done
ChowChow-ingredients just waiting on me
Satsuma Marmalade-idea/recipe found, in process of collecting ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment