Services

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Grocery Shopping?

I have to admit that shopping local/fresh can be somewhat hindered by the schedule that must be adhered to....rain/cold/other plans. The farmers market is when it is. Hopefully, I will build some pantry staples and freezer full, so that I wont be so controlled by preset community market dates. For example, it is going to be COLD on Saturday morning with the potential for 'wintery mix'. So, I am going to try and find out when/if there is a market today in BR. I think there is over off of Perkins. Good Luck to me.

Jarred worked out in the onion patch last night. It seems to be doing really well. Hopefully the garden will hold up to the cold coming. The greenhouse was repaired yesterday via 'the army' and so many plants were moved up. I am very thankful for that.

My next project aside from all the canning/preserving to be done asap, I will order some mozzarella kits from the New England Cheesemaking Supply Company, so I can try to make our own cheese. How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment